Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leaving, On a Jet Plane...


Did I mention that I will be leaving on a wee vacation next week...assuming I don't contract and die of the Swine Flu before then. Yes, I will be jetting off to that Really Big State, far off to the left side of the map, Steward's Folly, Alaska!

I will be gone for three weeks or so, 20 days on the tour and an extra day or so in Vancouver, from which the ship, for the first week of the trip, will leave. A week on the ship and then the reminder of the time on a variety of vehicles and modes of transportation..trains, very small planes, very big planes, jet boat, paddle boat, ATV, bus, van...oh my!
I plan to have some things post when I am gone and keep you informed as to a general idea of where I might be as I traverse a variety of terrain. My wee net book, SAM, will be making the trip along with me, and when I can get online (at a reasonable rate..lol) I will try to remember to post a pic or two and make you very, very jealous.

Unless a bear eats me or I trip and fall off a mountain...in which case, I will leave my posts as a tragic memorial for you to enjoy.

Now, for your enjoyment, and just because the name of the song is so appropriate, peraps the best group that every existed, Peter, Paul and Mary...

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I have vacation envy! I cannot WAIT to see your pictures. I did an Alaskan cruise awhile back. Such beautiful country, it almost makes you want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the memories! Peter, Paul and Mary were a great group! Have a great trip. I hope you packed some warm clothes. Vancouver is so beautiful. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great holiday! I've never been to Alaska, but is one of the places near the top of my list. I look forward to seeing all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous vacation! I can't wait to hear all about it. I love Peter, Paul & Mary, but Leaving on a Jet Plane made me cry every time I heard it when we lived in France. By the way, that's Peter, Paul, Mary and John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter, Paul and Mary . . . what a treat, but the bonus John Denver singing along with them (he was also famous for singing that song). Loved it! Have fun on your trip. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd love to go to Alaska. Have a great time! I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fantastic time!!!! Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear kiki,
    i have a brother named bear. he will tell all the alaskan bears not to eat you in their special "bear language."

    i bet you wish you had some of my FUZZ to keep you warm on the glaciers! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bandit...a coat of puppy fur would be so soft...and a wee bit creepy.

    I guess I should start thinking about packing. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful vacation!!

    You can play "vehicle bingo" if you have any down time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear kik,
    My latest post has 0 woof-woofs!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what?? we must fix that!! Poor puppy....

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreRee Bali ***dfwdertg

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I just got back from "vacation" (a family reunion in South Dakota) and now you are off on your own adventure! Frankly, your vacation sounds better than mine was! Everyone I know who has done cruises in Alaska LOVED them so I'm sure you'll have a blast! And Vancouver is amazing!!! I'm sure you'll read a ton while gone!! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. would you all be shocked if I say that I am not bringing any books to read with me?
    ok, that is not totally true. I have three audio books on my ipod and several e-books on my netbook Sam, who is going along. But honestly, I don't read a lot when I am on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great time in Alaska. My son and DIL went for 2 weeks on their honeymoon last June and LOVED it. They said it was very expensive, but lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's only money...that is what I keep telling myself...lol

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!