Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday



When Jesus saw his mother,
and the disciple whom he loved standing near,
he said to his mother,
"Woman, behold, your son!"
Then he said to the disciple,
"Behold, your mother!"
And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.

After this Jesus, knowing that all was now finished,
said (to fulfil the scripture),
"I thirst."

A bowl full of vinegar stood there;
so they put a sponge full of the vinegar on hyssop
and held it to his mouth.
When Jesus had received the vinegar, he said,
"It is finished";
and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.



7 comments:

  1. :-) have a wonderful Easter, Caite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that. I've read several readings this morning that bring the true meaning of Good Friday to top of mind. I am looking forward to services today and for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with the illustration with your post today. Do you know the artist? It is a very touching picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful Easter to you all as well.
    Connie, I believe the painting is titled Our Lady of Sorrow, but I can't find out who the artist is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lighthouses your blog is really pretty,


    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!