And a stop over at Should Be Reading to check out this weeks other Musings!
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I have a little craft project, of a bookish nature, to present to you.
OK, I warn you that this post may cause some of you actual physical pain.
I know it did when the idea was first presented to me.
But then I got over it.
The Niece texted me last week and asked if I had a few books I could give her to deface.
Yes, that is the word she used and it is accurate.
But see what you will get above?
Just a few books standing up, you say?
No, in fact, it is a clever storage device, perfect to hide, as the Niece needed to do, a router and all those nasty, ugly wires and blinking lights on a bookshelf.
Look, she even cut out a little door for the wires...cute.
Of course, you could use it to hide all sorts of other things on a bookshelf too.
And your cat might enjoy trying to get in there.
It also requires an Exacto knife and a hot glue gun.
Which does still make me a little weak.
And I do not mean the glue gun or the exacto knife.
But, if you have the stomach for it, for a more detailed explanation, HERE is the web site with some nice pics and step-by-step instructions.
You might notice, if you look closely that the Niece added some pieces between the books at the top to make it even a little more sturdy. And the little 'doorway'.
Love those hot glue guns!!