Monday, October 15, 2012

Musing Monday...Arrivederci!

This week’s musing — courtesy of http://cmashlovestoread.com — asks…

Do you have a system as to which books to read from your “requested review pile? What is it? What about when there are too many to read in a certain time frame?

Oh, if only...
I am not the most organized of people and although I have tried various methods, none really work of me. I had calendars, I made notes of my Library Thing book list of publication dates and tries to use that as a guide, I marked the books with little tabs with their dates. Bottom line, I am too lazy, too disorganized to really keep up with any methods. And once you let it lapse a bit, the whole thing falls apart.

So I have gone totally low tech.
I keep a pile, an actual TBR pile and when I am picking a book to read I attempt to pick one that is coming out soon.
But...I has received many books that are already out when I get them. Should they move to the top them? That does not seem fair.
Then there is the issue of the Library Thing Early Reviewer books I have received. I will admit I have been very lucky for the last year or so with those and when I get one, it does right to the top of the pile. I have to read it, get my review on Library Thing and keep my chances up!
Same thing with Amazon Vine. If you pick only books, you could get up to 4 books a month from Vine and you have to have 80% reviewed to be eligible to pick something next month. Meanwhile other books get neglected.

Bottom line, I just do the best I can.
Sometimes I ignore the pile because I have a non-requested book I just want to read.
Because bottom line, reading must be fun!!

Speaking of fun, I will be gone from BlogLand for the next two week.
If the posts I scheduled post, you might not notice. Hopefully I will get the chance to fire up the iPad and check things from time to time. But I will be flying out this afternoon to Italy, so I may be distracted.

I am leaving Larry in charge here at home. The Niece will be visiting him every day, to fill the feeding bowl and kiss his little kitty head.
I just warn you, he may be mad, so if you see anything really odd posted...blame Larry!!

10 comments:

  1. Two weeks in Italy sounds blissful to me! I gave up on trying to keep up with books too - I'm distracted by new shiny covers. Have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! Have lots of fun in Italy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. travel safe and have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great vacation!!

    Since I read for fun and entertainment, I am very selective of the books I choose for requested reading. I also don’t like the stress of having to have a book read by a certain time. That is one of the reasons I started my own personal library so I’m not under a deadline to get a book read. I also love my local library, but don’t check out many books because again I have to read it by a certain date, I am retired and don’t like stress. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gone low tech, too; I used to have a spreadsheet, now I have lists and piles.

    And OMG! Italy!! Have fun....

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to look up this Amazon Vine. I'm doing the calendar thing right now hopefully it will work for me. Cathy @ Addicted to Books
    Stop by and check out my Giveaways if you have a moment. Thanks. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a fantastic Italian trip! I don't really do reviews because I can't take the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fabulous vacation! I loved reading your Musing Monday answer, here's mine: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/musing-mondays/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip!

    I loved your Musing Monday post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well bon voyage!! I expect lots of lovely photos! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!