Monday, August 16, 2010

Musing Monday..."When You Wish Upon a ....Lighthouse"


Oh, I am late this week, even later that when I am regular late. But then, so was Should Be Reading to post it. So it is not all my fault. ;-)

This week’s musing asks…
What books are you wishing for MOST right now?

After all that...I don't have an answer. Oh No.
See, I know lots of ya all, many book bloggers, watch and anticipate what will be coming out in the next few months, perhaps books by a favorite author, or a book that is getting a lot of buzz and you are looking forward to.
But really, I don't.
I am just not organized to even know what might be in the future, book wise.

On occasion, in the past, I may have finished a book in a series and then went online to see when the next might be out. But I don't keep a record (hmmm..maybe another use for that calender I discussed recently) but very shortly I will forget all about it, until I see an ad for it online.
Or someone else reviewing it.
Day late, dollar short.

Now, I will note one exception to that. I read, and loved, the first three books in Ann Cleeves' Shetland Quartet, Raven Black, White Nights and Red Bones. See, the whole quartet part made even me realize that there would be a fourth book. I went online and saw that the book, Blue Lightning was already published   in England, but not yet in the USA.
And the European edition had a lighthouse on the cover! I considered buying it online, as I did with the last Larsson book. Sometimes you just have to have it NOW.
But before I did, there was a miracle.
A very special lighthouse miracle. Like one of those Hallmark Christmas movies.

I got an e-mail from Ms. Cleeves, thanking me for my review of her last book, and I happened to mention how I was looking forward to the last book in the series. She commented on the lighthouses on my blog and told me that, sadly, the American edition cover would not have a lighthouse on it. How terrible, how disappointing. But don't despair. The story has a happy ending.
Very happily, and very kindly, she sent me a copy!
With the lighthouse.

I guess why that is why they call it a Wish List.
And sometimes wishes do come true.



3 comments:

  1. I can't think of any books I'm lusting after right now, but my husband can't wait for Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blogging fairy tale complete with an author fairy godmother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, see I forgot all about Mockingjay, until you and a couple of other Musing Monday-ers mentioned it. Yes, that one I do want.

    Jenners....it was like a fairy tale, a lovely book fairy tale. :-)

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!