Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Is your blog an extrovert or introvert?



I am sure most of you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality types. I remember taking the test once...but I forget what the result was. Which may say something about my type.

Well, now there is a site called Typealyzer that says it can find what personality type your blog is. Just type in your blog's URL and out will pop your blog's 'personality' type.

Which might not agree with your personal type at all, they say, because it analyzes what you write, the text of your blog, and may say more about the personality you create there.
"How can a computer know who I am?
It doesn´t. But with a good amount of text it can make a pretty good guess. In addition, we all have different roles in different situations. By studying how people write, we can get an glimpse of what is on the mind of the person and what is characteristic of the person - or, as in the case of a blog - what is typical of the role/persona used when writing that blog. A person can have several blogs - and often have different roles for the various blogs - perhaps as a way to live out more sides of themselves.

What does a text say about the writer?
A lot more than most people might think. But it does NOT tell you who you are! A text is more to be likened with the clothes you´re wearing. The words and expressions we use, especially when we write for our own pleasure, tell about if we are more inclined to logical reasoning, personal values, fantasies or the reality for instance."

Not sure if there is anything to it, but it is interesting I think.
Sort of like those sites that tell you what muppet you are...and we all know that one had me right! "Brainy and knowledgeable" indeed! ;-)

So, my lovely shore breeze?
ISTP - The Mechanics
The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.


Well, driving on the Garden State Parkway is sort of like being a race car driver.

12 comments:

  1. Funny, I got the same thing. Well, I grew up in NJ so maybe its a Jersey girl thing.

    No, wait, I just ran my sister's personal blog through and she got something different (ESTP - The Doers). So it can't be the Jersey thing. Maybe its just book bloggers. We're all analytical and stuff.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this a couple days ago--mine's a mechanic, too. I put in a couple of book blogs with very distinctive voices which are different from mine, and they showed up as artists or something. Harumph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it said The Performers -
    The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I really am not the friendly type..really. no soft fabrics and bright colors...nope. artist...guess not.

    but then, maybe that analytical thing is why I reviewing books rather than writing them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my review of For the Love of St. Nick! You know I didn't plan to give it a very good review until the end - it redeemed itself around page 41. You are right - it was a little choppy, and there were gramatical errors. . . . but the ending for me was pretty great!

    :) Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a hiding behind the curtain at the edge of the stage..not a performer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi...I might just have to go back and read that page again...but it would have to be very, very, good to redeem it for me. ;-)
    There were typos...as you said, grammatical errors...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried it and got ESFP - The Performers. Funny because I've taken that darn Myers Briggs test at least five times in the last 20 years (for school and work) and I've always been an ISTJ. Either the program is flawed, or I am much nicer and more open online than in person (which I doubt!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. know that the personality I present online is different to a degree to me in RL...not that I my faking or lying. I think online it is easier to 'be' some aspects of our personality. Or to a degree we create a personality.

    in either, I am an introvert..but perhaps I am more 'fun'and risk seeking in writing. ;-)

    or it is all a bunch of hooey...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. KIKI! want to play later? i love your yard!

    -bandy :o (that is my pawprint)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bandit...some of us have to work for a living!

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!