Monday, October 3, 2011

Musing Monday...Let Me Look In My Crystal Ball..

Hey, it is Monday, so let's head over and check out this week's question from MizB at Should Be Reading...

What are you most excited about reading, right now? (can be a book you’re currently enjoying, or a book that’s yet to be published, etc.)

Here is yet another example of me being out of step with so many book lovers.
Actually, here are two examples.

I have been on vacation two week and my reading during that time has been minimal..non-existent actually if you take out guide books and brochures. I have said it before,but I do not read when I am on vacation, at least not on a road trip.

I am up in the morning, going places and doing stuff all day, have dinner and tend to fall asleep at soon as I get to where ever I am staying that night.
So bottom line, I am not enjoying anything at the moment because I have not even fully unpacked my car yet.
Although I will admit that I did visit a number of bookstores and did purchase a couple of books, yet to be opened. By the way, let me tell you that the small independent bookstore seems to be alive and doing well in many towns along the Maine coast.

As to books that are coming out in the future, I am not someone who really pays attention to that. In fact, I am not really sure where to find that information. How does everyone else know this stuff?

I will admit that in the past, I did a couple of times. I had read a first book by an author, loved it and actually searched out when they had a second book coming out.
Sadly, in two cases that come to mind, that did not work out to well, since I did not like the second book as much as the first.

So now, I just like to be surprised!

11 comments:

  1. Shelf Awareness is pretty much where I find out what's upcoming or new. Browsing Monday Mailbox posts is a great source too although it has made my list of wannareads so long I'd have to live to be 300 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tend to keep an eye out for new novels by my favourite authors, but I'm also a member of a couple of book forums and taking part in various book memes means I'm always seeing titles that grab my interest. :)

    HERE's my Musing Mondays post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great vacation. I find out about upcoming books from different newsletters I have signed up for such as Any New Books? (http://anynewbooks.com/)to name one or checking authors' websites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few authors that I follow religiously and obsessively check to see what they are working on. I also get my Bookmarks Magazine that highlights the upcoming releases, plus there is sometimes buzz on Twitter or the blogs about new stuff. It is almost overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so many good ideas...
    I do read Shelf Awareness, but really, and this Bookmarks magazine sounds interesting.
    But, do I need to find more books? I think I am already there with Kaye, having to live a very, very long time to read all my books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually watch out for the upcoming reads either, or never manage to keep track anyway. Unless it is one of my favourite writers! But even then, I am usually looking forward to reading books that are on my TBR list, even when they aren't exactly new. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd think that we, as book bloggers, would be tied in to all that new releases but I'm pretty clueless too. But I have heard about this Bookmarks magazine that is supposed to be really good. I'm going to ask Santa for a subscription!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My reading is very often not at all what the majority of people are reading. I pretty much read off my shelves. But if you want to keep up, almost all the serious book bloggers offer new titles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodreads, is where I list all my books, well they tell me any new books coming out by the authors or genre I read, or have read. Usually about once a month they list them. Otherwise, I notice a lot of books that sound interesting on other bookies blogs. I have a little book I keep track of the books that I may want to purchase and carry it in my purse, so when I get to B&N I can look them over and decide whether or not I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I get my info about upcoming releases from publishers and bloggers. I'm glad to know indies are alive and well in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get a monthly newsletter from my library highlighting new releases by genre. And Shelf Awareness too. Not that I need more books, I just like to know about them!

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!