Monday, November 1, 2010

Musing Monday...Reindeer on Rooftops, Bumble Bees and Superman!

Let's check out this weeks Musing Monday question from MizB Should Be Reading...

This week’s musing (a little late – sorry – ’cause I was out trick-or-treating with my kids, last night)asks…  
Do you have any special reading that you do as it gets closer to Christmas? If so, tell us about it! And, if not, tell us why not!

I am not really a seasonal reader. No summer books, no Thanksgiving books and rarely a Christmas book.
I'm not sure why. Actually, I think it could be a nice thing, helping to get you more into the spirit of the season, as it were. But I don't do it.
Part of the issue might be that actually, as Christmas get closer and closer and things get a little busy, with shopping and wrapping and decorating, my overall reading probably diminishes.

One book...OK, it is just a poem in book format...that I always read at Christmas, in fact, on Christmas Eve is The Night Before Christmas. Well, sometimes it is read to me. But either way, since the niece was just a wee one, on Christmas Eve she always got a new copy of a book version of the poem and before we left cookies and milk for Santa, it would be read aloud. She is in her 20's now, yes, but I see no reason to stop! :-)

Speaking of trick and treating last night, the "boys", Sammy and Bandit, made a trip to the pet salon and then  got dressed up in costumes. Since I don't have must to say about the seasonal reading, I will share a photo..or three.
Sammy was a bumble bee and Bandit was Superman. Neither much liked the hats involved.


 Yes, they are posing on the kitchen table.  But not my kitchen table!

12 comments:

  1. The doggies are so dog-gone cute.

    As far as season reading, no, I don't read Christmas stories. If the book I'm reading has a brief part about Christmas, I continue to read it, but never ever buy books written for the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dog-gone...lol
    I have to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, as the holiday season approaches who has time to add to their TBR pile? Thanks for the visit and the comment. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doggies are so darn cute! My dogs can't handle costumes; they fight with them until they are taken off...lol. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! That is too funny!!! Bandit looks hysterical. In those adorable costumes, I bet they got many goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought my son's Scream costume with the fake blood that dripped down the mask was a hit! I bet they were the best treated-out doggies on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That 3rd picture deserves an award! What a little camera hound that Bandit is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caite....The Superman costume is especially cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dog costumes. I adore Halloween ... and seeing pets get dressed up ( even reluctantly ) is part of the fun.

    And I'm not a big seasonal reader either ... until I did the RIP challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you were very excited...and very cute!

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!