Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday Thingers


Seems it is Tuesday once again, if just barely. So, lets go over to The Boston Bibliophile and see what this weeks question is.
This week's question: LibraryThing's Recently Added feature: do you look at it? Do you use it for ideas? Is there something listed there now that looks interesting to you? What have you added to your LT library recently?

Well, there are actually two 'Recently Added'...recently added by me and recently added by other members and I can say that I use them both. More often the recently added by myself oddly enough. Oddly because, if I just added them, why do I need to book at them again? Good question. I could say short term memory loss which is also true. But more importantly, I like to use the feature to go back and add tags or a rating. And I just like the pretty book covers. Because I am a book addict.

I also look at what other members have recently added because, you know, I always need more books to acquire. Because, yes, I am an addict.
And also because there are often some very, very odd books there. There was one there as I just looked that contained the tags pigs, dystopia and prostitutes. An interesting combination, don't you think?
But the one I just saw that I would actually consider buying is 'The Big Oyster: History on the Half Shell' by Mark Kurlansky. It seems Mr. Kurlansky is also the author of 'Cod: A Biography of the Fish That Changed the World'. The oyster book...if I reviewed it, I could reuse the picture of the oyster boat that I used in my post about the East Point Lighthouse!

To be totally honest, I find all the recently added book titles interesting. Because I am an addict. Yep...

Have I added books recently? Are you serious? What do you think? With the addict thing and all...the most recent addition being Five Skies by Ron Carlson, because someone on LT mentioned it and it sounded great. And I am an addict. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Wow - what was the book with pigs, dystopia and prositutes? It sounds great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that interested in books recently added by me and I can't find the books recently added by others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenore...I clicked on it to read about it and then went back to the main page...and then I couldn't find it again! I tried doing a search..but no luck. I am heartbroken. But it was really there...really.

    onion...may I call you onion? it is in the right hand column of your home page, about five down, unless you moved or deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've often thought about reading the oyster book, but I remember checking the index once and my hometown either wasn't listed or was only mentioned in passing--and I come from a pretty serious oystering place. I narcissistically found that disappointed, and have never picked it up since. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have actually thought of reading the oyster book? So, if your oyster rich home town is not properly discussed, perhaps it is not the definitive oyster book of the region.
    Perhaps YOU need to write the definitive oyster book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that Library Thing has only served to accomodate my personal book addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes, so true. Join the club...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raises hand. Hi, My name is Christy and I am a bookaholic. Yep, I'm an addict.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey! my fellow book addicts, I have the post for you right here!
    Just the thing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you won't be disappointed in Five Skies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! That's a shame. Now I REALLY want to read it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ali, I hold no one responsible for book recommendations. Anyhoo, I will most likely forget who recommended it by the time I read it.
    I am still looking Lenore!

    ReplyDelete

please speak up, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!